Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Anecdotes - Life is Like That Smiling Always


...
I am an early bird, longing to start my day as early as I can! Me and my husband in the late fifties went for morning walk. It was beautiful morning in the city of Ahmedabad. Birds chirping somewhere, noise of highway vehicles, and a road sweeper with a ‘bigger than him’ broom! We walked as per our schedule.
It was last round of walk, then I stumbled upon an older lady.I have been seeing this lady for the past 15-20 years. But never tried to talk to her. Don’t know why?.... Today when I saw her, greeted with ‘good morning’ and told her ‘I have been seeing you for the past 15-20 years….. You are also an ardent walker!’ That probably boosted her. ‘I used to walk a lot…. But …. Now I can’t … you see… age matters..!’ I said ‘Yes.’ We exchanged our whereabouts like long lost friends! When she came to know that I am working with IT Company she came closer and shook my hand with a proud smile on her face! She told ‘Very Good Keep it up.’
This gave so much strength to me…. Readers… I swear…I can’t explain you in words…she made my Day! Can’t we make others ‘Day’ Like this?!

4 comments:

  1. Same is the case with me. There are a number of people I come in contact with, but do not talk to them. I know most of them only by face and not name. We communicate with each other by smiling and at that very jiffy, I forget everything else i.e. if I am angry or upset, it simply evaporates.
    This may sound weird to some but after all it is one small exchange of smile that has build an unspoken relation with so many people.
    Strange, but true!

    "You're never fully dressed without a smile." ~Martin Charnin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Karina...am encouraged by your comment.Keep posting like this.It is true we are missing small pleasures pursuing the bigger ones! Lets try to enjoy smaller but excellent moments of life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True!

    We usually giggle and try to crack jokes with our family members, friends, colleagues, or the one who is known to us, but we often forget that its even easier to make someones' day who is just a common face of the crowd. Even if any common face wears a smile can make our day, unusual.
    Yes! We sometimes think and wonder: was that common face familiar? But think what if it wasn't so, its truly a need to pause oneself in this busy routine to make someone glad...think.. wonder...sparkled... happy for a moment and actually making forget the other matters! I have done it numerable times in my busy routine life. What about you? Have you ever tried like us? If not then just give a start, you will actually LIVE that moment!

    While driving vehicle, if I dash to another one then smilingly, I say sorry and you wont believe the most angriest eyes of the rider turns to spark and smiling lips says, “its ok!” Though being unfamiliar, we shared an unnamed bond just for fractions of time in our life which actually make our day alive! This is just one incident out of my collections.

    Like many of us, even you can make such collections free of cost. Join us in the contribution of life!Time never stops for us but its we who have to stop and LIVE such happily contributed time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Sona, I agree with you fully.Now here we need to think why are we unable to wear a smile when we enter office? Nobody has told 'IT' Professionals not to wear a smile? I would love to see all those hard core IT people smiling when they come to office.

    ReplyDelete